In this module, you will walk through a couple of exercises that will help you with your “user roles” and “mobile updating” skills. This module will give you an introduction to the administrative side of Wildnote, it's a warm-up for a bit more administration down the road. You are also almost halfway through this amazing program, keep up the great work!
- Invite new users, add them to projects, manage their roles.
- Include the same individual under 2 different companies.
- Understand what the device type means and how to work with it.
- Find a user’s Wildnote version and walk them through the update process.
- Understand the implications of updating the Wildnote version on a mobile device.
All of the information you will need to complete the following exercises can be found in the reference material at the bottom of this article.
Users and Roles
- If you have not already done so, create a test user. You can either use a secondary ID for yourself or invite a colleague, friend, or favorite pet.
- Take the archived project (“My Old Project”) that you made in Module 2 and switch it back to active.
- Add the test user to both of your projects. Make them a Field User in the “WCP Your Name” project and an Admin in the “My Old Project” project.
- * Have the test user sync the projects on the phone and send you a screenshot of the “WCP Your Name” project.
- * What do you notice that is different between the “WCP Your Name” project on your device versus the “WCP Your Name” project on the test user device?
- * Would you expect to see a similar difference in the “My Old Project” project? Why or why not?
Device Types and Wildnote Versions
- * What is the process for updating an iOS device with the latest version of Wildnote?
- * What is the process for updating an Android device with the latest version of Wildnote?
- * Submit a photo that shows the version number on the Wildnote app on your mobile device.
- * What should you always do before upgrading the Wildnote version on your mobile device?
- * Signature
- * Date